Monday, April 17, 2006

Happy Patriots Day!



Howdy. The Mariners are playing right now. They started at 8am. That's crazy, but it gives me something to listen to. They're beating the Red Sox 2-1 early on.

I'm in a damn good mood. This was a wonderful 3-day weekend. I didn't do too much. But it's what I needed. On saturday I hung out and did some improv with classmates. One of the guys, writes for the adult swim show robot chicken and he's really cool and has this nice place. Chick magnet pad. Not a bad place for improv either. So that was fun. I cleaned the house. Then--oh god--I saw the movie Hard Candy, the thriller-horror-explotation film. It is effective I guess. I didn't really like it, not because of the subject matter (well, I can't lie, I didn't love the subject matter), but because I didn't know what it was trying to say. I'm sorry. It was one of those, which character do you hate more type of movies and that's not good. There's a scene in the film that actually made me really, woozie though. So yeah, it's crazy because it's getting to the point to where I'm starting to know people that worked on a lot of the movies coming out. 2 Friends credited in Scary Movie 4, 2 in Hard Candy. That's my gradual progression to proffessionalism in the industry.

Last night I saw a noir double-feature at the Egyptian and it was awesome. The Man Who Cheated Himself and The Night Editor. Neither are available on video but I recommend them. I think seeing old movies in the theatre is the way to go. The audience is fun.

I'm going to be really busy this week. Socially that is. Good stuff. I'm happy. I'm actually of thinking of signing up for another improv class at IO West AND level 2 at UCB. Why? Well, my life is looking up and I really think that in the improv. I'm crazy like that.

My Barbarian are doing a 2 different orginal musical plays this weekend and I can't wait. It's been so long. So, so long since MB played a show. It's a bit pricey ($20) but it's 2 plays, so it's worth it.

Take care.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home