Thursday, March 30, 2006

Today I woke up to take a shower and NO HOT WATER. Dang that sucks. I wussed out. [yeah, that means I didn't shower today....]

Last night I went to a test screening of Darrin Aronofsky's The Fountain. It was awesome because Darrin in attendance and Melody and I were asked to stay after for the focus group to futher discuss the film. I'm not like a geek film fanboy over Aronofsky, I liked Requiem and Pi, but in film school people tend to hold him extreamly high up, you know? He's made two movies and The Fountain is his third so I'd hardly consider it a body of work. I didn't know much, if anything and well... the film left me confused and dissatisfied. The cinematography was amazing, the ending was mind-blowingly awesome, the preformances were good, "it gave me something to think about," yeah, but the entire time I was thinking what's going on? The ending/twist/finale was cool, but it truthfully as a whole it wasn't entertaining to watch. I thought Huge Jackman's character was very one-note. Anyways, will see what they do with it. People are raving about it over at Aintitcool so, shit, it must be amazing!

I'm going to try to watch and give another Baction review today. I might end up watching the film today and writing the review tomorrow depending on my work load.

My feet are freezing right now. What is up with that?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home