Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Could today be more depressing? It's pouring down rain. I just want to stay in bed and watch cartoons. I just got the first season of Batman Beyond and should have brought it in. I should've brought a blanket too. I'm listening to Red House Painters.

JJ and I are reminising about Built to Spill and how amazing they are. I believe in like 40 years, during WWIII or the second US civil war, young kids fighting, will listening to Perfect from Now On and be like "this shit is amazing--totally trancends me to a different time. One where we didn't fight in concrete rubble for what we believe in, a time where you just got lost in electric melodies. Those must have been the days. If only I didn't have to fight." It's a bittersweet thought. Because I'm living in this time, where there is this amazing music happening, but the majority of the population doesn't even realize or care. I'm free though, and I can get lost in that music. I mean, I firmly believe that in the far future, BTS will be the Hendrix or Greatful Dead of our time and our children will just hear crazy stories, like the time Dug's guitar solo cured some man's throat cancer and then the truth--that sad reality--won't matter, because it's the thing our kids will dream about: Being alive during our easier, simpler times. The times we are living right now.

If that doesn't cheer you up, I don't know what the fuck will. Sure it's raining, but someday there will be a day where that rain can kill you and you can't go out doors rain or shine, because the ozone has depleted and the sun can kill you a hundred thousand times quicker than now. So, sing in that fucking rain while you have the chance, because our kids might not. I don't know how I got to this point. I was going to talk about acting class, but screw it. I'm not in the mood. Someday there probably won't be bananas, so eat some now, try that chocolate cake because that recipe will be lost. And go see built to spill, because in the bleak future they will have been looked upon as great men that walked this earth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home