Thursday, March 02, 2006

This and That...

Oh man... Uninvited (1988), which I mentioned in a previous post is AMAZING. It's extreamly enjoyable--and not just because the hero stole Dave's dance, kiss and beard from him! Cat monster living inside of a cat... gets me everytime. I have this desire to track down the filmmakes and buy the rights and release a film print to show late at night (and on DVD). It would be a terrible investment, but fuck it, I don't care. There's more to life than saving money. The world needs to be exposed to Uninvited and Troll 2 on the big screen.

Pitchfork today has a glowing review of a The Blow song remixed. I want to track it down because that song is off an EP I have that I like quite a bit. F---ing pitchfork trashed The Blow's last two releases. I don't think either scored above a 5.0. But any able mind shouldn't take pitchforks reviews too seriously and not just because they have heavy biased to things like Sigur Ros and Sufean Stephens (I know I screwed up the spelling, but I could care less). Oh and Morrisey or something like that right? Or is that Tiny Mix Tapes. I donno. It's much hipper to do what I'm doing and that is trash the indy web review scene. The Blow is one girl who I saw at koos years ago and she's a wanna be Calvin who recently has morphed into a techno lo-fi thing similar to Bobby Birdman. I donno. I just wanna hear the remix but apperently it's not being released until April.

Speaking of April. That should be a kick ass month. The New Beverly is doing 3 different double features of film noir on top of the Egyptian which is going to be having a huge noir series. And Quasi is playing so-cal at the end of April. I don't know if I'll go all crazy and see them more than once because Jon moved back to portland, but it's exciting non the less. Quasi has a new album out soon...

There is a 95 Modest Mouse show on bit torrent.... I'm going to have to check that out. I've never heard of anything earlier than 96.... Hmmm. I'm intrigued.

On another note, I'll have a rought cut of the short by the end of today. I came to the realization that we didn't shoot an ending... So.... I need to do that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home