Wednesday, March 01, 2006

...and BACTION!


Yesterday I signed up for improv classes at the UCB theatre. It was a rather quick, impulsive decision. Reasons: Number 1) I want to be more creative. I did improv in high school and while not only being fun, it has a way of making your mind move a lot quicker. 2) These lessons are on Saturday at the UCB theatre (as opposed to earlier ones I looked at which were at 3pm on a tuesday at some place on melrose), so I can walk to class. 3) The teacher shares my last name. It's minor, but just enough to tip the scales and make me cough up $300. I think they start in a week from Saturday, which is really soon. Here's to spontanaity! [clink.]

I sort of lucked out and didn't see the Tomb Raider fan film. In truth, I went with Eddie and we got there about 7:30, it was supposed to start at 8, by nine o'clock, we had a second announcement saying that the film would start shortly. After an hour and a half of waiting we were both getting restless and I told him I had to meet someone at 9:30 and couldn't wait for the film. This morning, Eddie said (surprise, surprise) that I didn't miss much. Thank goodness right? Ugh. Bad filmmaking.... bad action... BACTION!

That's right. Instead I watched a new Baction Movie by the same director of Zero Tolerance called The Sweeper. I don't really feel like writing a review at this moment but it is forthcoming.

I've been rocking out to Man or Astroman? all morning. I feel I should mention that I woke up with a stomach ache at 4:45am and have been up ever since. I preceeded to go to the gym, made lunch, shaved, got to work early... I've been making progress on the sweatshop short. Hell, I might have rought cut by the end of the day. End of the week for sure.

I'm going to make an effort to go "write" tonight and on top of doing "writing meeting" tomorrow. I need to make some sort of progress on my outline for Heart Attack. With all this Baction going on in my life, it's hard not to get excited about an upcomming over-the-top action short that will star James tenitively called Cold Fire. It should be nothing but fun to make.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home