Tuesday, February 21, 2006

The Science of a 3 Day Holdiay

The past weekend was amazing. It was everything and anything you could possibly want from a 3 day holiday. I'm feel productive and refreshed.

Friday night I walked up to the Egyptian and saw a 'doomed lovers' double feature of old B&W movies which included this movie called Letter from an Unknown Woman (1948). It's a truely great movie that makes you want to shoot your brains out. I don't know why this film isn't considered an essential classic. [I could probably tell you: it was a french director doing a hollywood film that delt with taboo subjects on top of a romance.] But it's not even on video for peet's sake! Ah... love... It's dead.

Saturday I digitized footage from the sweatshop short. Everything went surprizingly smooth until after I got through all the footage I realized that I had just played the footage... without the recording part.... But all and all it was fine. It was nice to see Emily and Richard and eat pizza with them.

Slumber party Sunday!!!! Yey. Sooo fun--I feel at this point I should mention the impending doom I'm facing. I was talking with Bethany on the phone and she mentined she was on the way to pick somebody up at the airport. OH FUCK!!!!!! I forgot to schedule a pickup for Peter who was flying in from Hong Kong. I looked at the clock and it was 5pm and I said "alright we still have time his flight doesn't come in until 7 on saturday." And Bethany was like.. 'it's sunday'. So I freaked out--totally killing any sumber party excitement. I took a couple deep breaths and was shocked I hadn't recieved a call or anything about it. So I call Peter and it goes straight to his voicemail and so... I still haven't heard anything. I don't know what the heck is going on other that I know I screwed up big time and I'm cursing myself because it's something so simple I had a brain lapse on. So if worse comes to worse, I'll be having to advertise on this space because I got fired. I don't know why anyone hasn't said anything like, 'did peter arrive okay' or anything like which I wouldn't have an answer because the hell if I know what's going on with him. Thinking about it all over again has killed my wonderful mood.

Mike and Goobs slumper party really did rock my world. We watched Troll 2--one of my new favorites now. See this film. It is a great bad movie. It's on the plateu with all the amazing greats. We also (shhhhhh, don't tell) saw Michel Gondry's new movie The Science of Sleep which played at sundance. It was a mind-fuck, but you know, in a good way. The sleepover pretty much solidified the weekend awesomeness. I'm dying to curate the next one, I think I could come up with a pretty entertaining lineup of films.

Whhhoooo. That's my sigh of relief. Peter's here and the whole airport debactle is 'a nonfactor'. Whew. [I'm blasting Baba O'Riley because now, because it's okay to rockout.] Teenage Wasteland! Peter said he forgot to confirm the pickup and his wife wanted to pick him up anyway. They're all wasted!!!! So all that grief for nothing.

Dave has me buying lottery tickets. I don't really understand the lottery, but my dad and grandma alway bought one every week. It's $1 or two so, what the heck? I did it last week and this week because nobody won. It's up to $170 million I think. I figure, my life's been kind of crazy up to this point, winning the lottery doesn't seem out of the question.

I think I have tickets to The Hills Have Eyes premiere. I wonder where it's at? Arclight, I hope. I wonder when it is....

BTW, Nick has a new movie... maybe. I wonder if you get a signing bonus when you attach yourself to a movie, because I'm not an expert or anything, but it seems that Nick has a lot of movies on his plate--which is fine--just make one dammit!, so I can work on it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home