Friday, February 17, 2006

Running Your Jaw



I had a spectacular night. It's crazy how one night can change a whole week. Before I was blah, today I'm like "bring it on!" I'm sitting here, flipping through the LA weekly plannin' out the weekend, to maximize awesomeness baby, as well as productivity mind you... I went and saw this comedy show Running Your Trap with Jimmy Pardo because his sidekick Pat, is a buddy I used to work with on Trading Spouses. When I worked on Spouses there was this group of us that were fascinated we didn't do a damn thing. Nothing. We would sit together wondering what all there other people in the office did. I used walk around the office really fast once every hour with a pad of paper and a pen making sure that every saw that I looked busy. Pat was the guy of the group who was a story producer, so he was getting paid $2,5oo a week to sit with us assistant story producers earning a meager grand a week to talk about comics, pass around DVDs, take long lunches and try to find something to amuse us. Man... When I think about those days, that was the life, I won't lie to you... I miss the money. Anyhow, Pat emails me or calls me when one of these shows comes up and I haven't seen him in a long time so I gathered up the editorial crew and called over to the girls at the office in sunset and we went to the UCB. --On a side note, all the brits from the office "love comedy", really, they make it a point to say it as often as possible--Before the show I was talking with a friend of someone from the office and get this--she was/is the "paramount insider" reporting to Defamer. In case you are out of the loop, Paramount is in the process of laying off 80% of its employees because it's merging with Dreamworks. She was one of the disgruntled that got the ax and she was saying that because of all her hard work, Mark, the guy who runs Defamer was like 'come down and hang out for a day'. Which I donno how I'd feel about that, because I love Defamer and it might ruin much of the glory to find out that it was run out of some seedy offices in K-town.

During the show they did a valentines edition of I-pod Russian roulette, where Pat had a bunch of playlists in his I-pod with 5 love songs and one bad 80's metal song. Two contestants would trade off putting a fake gun to their head and simultaneously pulling the trigger with the i-pod play button and if you got a love song you lived, an 80's song and you're dead. And then with the next contestant, new playlist. Pat singled me out and made me get up there and I played a few people and was not dying. Then this girl jumped on stage and said, "I know Brad, I went to college with him." **I'm not one to be put on the spot, so apparently my reaction was a mix of horror/ oh Jesus!/ oh, yeah...** Well, it was Kat from Chapman. Does anyone know or remember Kat? I think she was in my freshman seminar class or lived in Braden with me. So that was kind of fun--I felt like the popular guy at the UCB Theatre. I ended up winning I-pod Russian roulette, which I suspect was rigged because--hey I'm the man of the hour. I "won" a cd. Anyway, I'm asking if anyone knows Kat, because after the show I forgot to look for her, so I feel like a dick, so if you know Kat tell her I regret not talking to her.

I'm one of the few people on this earth (read:middle-class america) that doesn't have an i-pod. I really want one. Especially since I walk to and from work everyday. What do I do with that time? Sort out my thoughts, I guess. Talk to myself. I'll tell you what I'm not doing and that's listening to my i-pod. My glasses are starting to be funky so I'm going to have to take money from my fake i-pod account (re:non-existant) to pay for them. That's being an adult I guess.

Three day weekend baby. Ryan from work and I are walking up to Amoeba today at 6pm because RJD2 is spinning with some rapper, after that who knows? That Zack X party will probably be crazy on saturday and I'll try to check that out. I don't even know Zack X, apparently he knows me according to Irv and after viewing the invite, I think I know who he is, but I doubt I've ever spoke to him. Oh well, the list of acceptable dress to the party is pretty funny. I'll probably pass on the viking-type costume and go with gay cowboy style so I can shave my goatee into a moustache and get away with having a dirty man-stach for one night of my life. Maybe I'll go as a homeless person but I'll put money on Dave wearing his Homeless Romantic shirt instead of a proper costume. I also might go to Goob's Presidents Day slumber party on sunday, but last time he had a "slumber party" he changed his mind and we had to go home after we watched Jaws 4. If I do head down to orange, I'll digitize all the footage from the Sweat Shop short into avid so I can edit it at work. Fuck final cut man. I don't have the patience for it. I feel like I owe it to James and Joe to finish the film because there's nothing wrong with it, I just... don't want to edit it. That's my goal next week: edit the Sweat Shop short. The only thing that may hinder that, is I don't remember where I put the original tape. I hope it's my trunk.

Enjoy the weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home