Thursday, February 23, 2006

I don't get the flaming lips. I've been trying to listen to the new album and it starts out super-catchy then goes all weird and then soft rocking and in truth, I only like the catchy pop stuff. It sounds like they have a couple token 'could-be-soft-rock-radio-hits' but it honestly sounds like the singer is sleeping through those songs. What's his name? Wayne or somehting? His voice is so uninterested for those songs. Anyways, this is the only flaming lips I've ever heard so I'm not a good critic. Fans, don't be disapointed. I was partcially bragging while I still have the time that I got an advanced copy from a certain someone for a b-day present along with the new built to spill. Both are WB records and I think are the 2 albums they are banking on to rock the college curcuit this summer. I'm sure they will both be sucessful.

I started cutting the sweat shop short. So, that's comming along.

I got a call really early from Jon Frecette this morning. He's shooting a short at the smell this weekend and it involves lots of bands and stuff and I told him I'd be available to help out on it. He was like 'you're still coming right?' and I said of course and then he said that as a precautionary measure I need to bring my guitar and equipment because if one of the bands bails he's going to put me on stage as a replacement. I said, oh okay, sure but was thinking--I haven't really picked up my guitar in a long, long time. So I'm a little scared that I will have to get on stage in front of a ton of people. Hopefully everything will run smooth because Jon has his stuff together and knows how to make a good film. I'll do what I need to do, but I'll probably at least tune the guitar tonight. Good luck on the film man.

That's all for today. I'm going to get a green tea.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home