Monday, February 27, 2006

Bad Movies vs Good Ones

Monday Afternoon already? I guess so. I've been busy this morning, it kind of snuck up on me. I'm going to be eating leftover vegan food from Jon's film shoot all week. There's some barley-peas concoction which I kind of like that I just had for lunch. There's an ungodly amount of pasta salad, which isn't too good, that I'm not sure what to do with. I could seriously be eating the two dishes for a month, but I'm going to give a go for a week, maybe a two before I move back to cooking stuff with the steamer.

So I finished the Hitchcock Box set and have started the Fox Noir films. Here's my breakdown of the set:

Really Good films
-Dial M For Murder
-Strangers on a Train
-Suspicion

Pretty good (you have to be a little forgiving)
-North By Northwest-Stage Fright
-Foreign Corrispondent

Not great--for Histortical Purposes Only:
I, Confess
Wrong Man
Mr. & Mrs. Smith

That's actually how I would rate them top to bottom. Out of the two Cary Grant films I liked Suspicion over North by Northwest so that's why NXNW isn't is the top tier. Suspicion is great, except for the copout ending which ruins the film, but I pretend it's not there and ends the way hitchcock truely intended it. I, Confess was not a terrible film like the two below it, but if you watch it, you get frustrated at stupidity from the main character. I really liked the actor who plays the priest in that film. I though he did well, but he didn't have enough to work with.

I watch the first Fox Noir Film from the set, Laura (1944), which was really awesome, but I don't know if I'm going to plow through these because I want to edit the sweatshop short.

Since the glorious sleepover at Goobs, I am on a quest to find more gems in the vein of Troll 2. I've since rewatched Sleepaway camp 2&3. I ordered a ton of bad movies on DVD and VHS the past week.I mean, a lot--too many. When I get bored at work (read:all the time) I sift through reviews and B-movie websites and if something hooks me, I order it. Some action, some monster/alien movies, some Swords and Sorcery. A lot of them are out of print, particularly this movie I've been wanting to see for a while now, called Uninvited. Recieving high praise from badmovies.org, Uninvited is the story of a cat, who has a tiny parasitic cat living inside of it. I called around to all the speciality video stores around LA with no luck so I forked over the massive amount of $15 for a vhs from someone on the internet. I sucks because I saw a bootleg DVD copy of it on ebay six months ago when I was first looking for a copy. You can look forward to reviews of Karate Cop and The Brain among others when I recieve and watch them.

Not much going on this week. I'm going to go to the gym everyday this week, except today, when i couldn't get up for the life of me, but I'm sure it will happen :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home