Wednesday, November 29, 2006



Thanksgiving was pretty good. It was real cool to just relax for 4 days. I wrote more about it earlier in the week but shut my computer off before I posted it... It wasn't that informative...

Man, I watched an episode of Nip/Tuck last night and by god, it's gotten me hooked. I need more, stat! Also, has anyone watched Voltron on Adult Swim? I heard they were starting to show it and it might be worth a watching. I like the 5am showings of the Mr. T's and Super Harlem Globe Trotters cartoons. Oh Mr. T. You teach such good lessons.



Speaking of TV. Dave and I are getting Direct TV installed this weekend. Fuck Time Warner. This probably would never have happened if TW hadn't of canceled the NFL network, but they have to be assholes and the girl on the phone has to say, "come on guys, it's just six games". Six games, bitch? No. It's more than that. It's got highlight shows that don't try to be amateur comedy hour and don't have guest appearances by Christian slater or whatever starts of Desperate Housewives to pimp their dumb ass show on ABC. No they have Rich Eissian (I love you man) and anchors that actually know and care what they talk about. And they show every pre-season game and have more seahawks coverage than any other station. Six games?? That alone is enough to want to switch. On top of that, we are going to get Fox Sports World & the Fox Soccer Channel--which coincidentally had a "free premium channel preview" on Time Warner this weekend--and guess what? It ruled. I found joy in waking up on a saturday morning and watching the live Man U/Chelsea match in my underwear. I'll get that pleasure again starting this weekend thank you very much. (And now you have reason to come visit Pat.)



This week is flying by really quick, which comes as a surprise because I expect a 5 day work week to move at a slug's pace after the long weekend. I think it's in part because of the fact that we're heading into the studio this weekend to record. How crazy is that? I'm a bit nervous, but it's more of an organizational thing to make sure everything will go smooth. These next two weeks (weekends, really) will be focused on that. I think we're shooting to record 4 songs and now I'm second guessing what songs we should actually do, but screw it, we're staying the course. We're practicing tonight, on friday we'll swing by the studio and have Chris and Irv take a look at it and then we'll wakeup on saturday and get to it. That's it.

I'm still having fantasies of moving to the Dominican Republic for a month come February... That would be nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home