Thursday, July 27, 2006

So last night I hung out with Martin and we got to talking and overall, with life, I'm feeling pretty content which I feel is the death of an artist. Now that I'm not focused on hating working for french girl and have grown out long finger nails, I'm happy. Work isn't taxing at all, and I feel content. I'm kinda bored though, in this perfect-esq life. There's no drama. No hatred. Is that such a bad thing? I donno. This is something I'm trying to figure out. I really need to crank out my first script. I ordered a ton of old sci-fi movies to watch as research for it. I'm hoping that when I go home next weekend I can watch a few of them.

I can tell you, I'm looking forward to camp. I'm looking forward to my UCB show this weekend. But I'm also very nervous. I'm trying to conquer these feelings but my body has a hard time secreating confidence or whatever. Oh well, it will happen, and we will see. I'm just excited.

Yesterday I didn't do a damn thing at work except watch and take notes on my next Baction review, 2020:Texas Gladiators. It's going to be my first in a double feature of post-apocolyptic italian trash cinema. I need to see the last 20 minutes and write it, which I plan to post tomorrow.

I hooked my computer up to my avid mixer so I can listen to movies and KEXP on good speakers. That's pretty sweet. I also hooked it up so I can watch movies from my tv monitor playing from my computer. **Note: Now that I look upon my work with proud eyes, I feel kind of stupid because I have a dvd player right below the tv and that's already patched through the mixer... I should have noticed that earlier...** But in my defense: I can stream KEXP. Ha. I'm not a complete dufus.

There is this guy who talks to me on myspace and it took me a month to recognize him as my old best friend from elementry school. He tried to be my friend a while ago and I rejected him. Because he didn't just say "hey I'm your best friend from long ago." It was just like "hey do I know you, you look familiar." I just thought, this was a military guy from high school, or something, I didn't have any memory of. I donno. But now I'm like dude, that's my old best friend I haven't seen. Wow. Any he joined the marines, which is totally out of character. People change I guess. But man, myspace, why do we have to be reunited on myspace? Why should that bother me though? It doesn't really, its just an excuse not to deal with this rush of feeling and memories that were buried so long ago. So I should email him back and tell him, basically what I'm writing here, but I'm a little hesitant.

I'm super pissed because I was really looking forward to this Tricky show at a small club here in hollywood and I got an email saying it was canceled. That sucks. I was willing to pay for over priced tickets to see Tricky, who I love and adore and, shit, now I'm hurt because I can't. I'm really bummed out. He's still playing Anahiem. He's still playing San Fran. Why not hollywood?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home