Thursday, July 13, 2006

"They're eating her. Then they're going to eat me. (pause) Oh my GODDDDDDDD!"



With all my bitching about beening busy, I have watched Troll 2 twice in the past week. It is at the top right now in the ever competing list of my favorite movies of all times. (The rotating list is The Apple, Sleepaway Camp 2 and Dead Alive.)


Troll 2 is the most amazing lesson in bad cinema you will ever view. It's also full of charm. The Director going under the name Drake Floyed, is italian, doesn't speak the best english and filmed Troll 2 on location in Utah casting local 'talent'. And it is both deserving and undeserving of it's #3 ranking of worst movie of all time on imdb. It's playing just about every day (in widescreen!!!) on Showtime, so do yourself a favor and tivo it. You'll thank yourself almost immediatly.

Case in point: This weekend I was over at my aunt and uncles. My cousin was playing videogames, he was getting frustrated and turned off the xbox and low and behold Troll 2 was on tv. It had just started. I told him we had to watch just a couple minutes of it because it was at a great part in the film (he did not know that every part is a great part in Troll 2). Anyways, my skateboarding too-cool-for-school cousin, was captivated. My uncle walks by sits down, he can't remove his eyes from the screen. My cousin's girl friend comes over, she's having a crappy day and is like "what the hell are you watching?" We basically ignore her, glued to the tv. It takes her a few minutes to come 'round and she sits and doesn't get up. We watch the whole film. It is a glorious train-wreck waiting for you to press play. Troll 2 has absolutly no Trolls in it. That's the hook I should have used at the start to draw you in, but I'll leave you with that tidbit. You should just go out and buy the damn thing. It's $10 for a troll/troll 2 double dvd. Buy that and The Apple and you have bought yourself a ticket to heaven for $20.

Chris Baier came over last night and he's writing a script called The Goblin King so we watched Troll 2 for inspiration. (Troll 2 is about "goblins--monsterous beings!!!") I was supposed to meet french girl, but I got off work past eight and then when got I home I forgot her harddrive at work. That's fine, I needed to relax. I went to bed early and feel very rested today.

We're having a big screening this afternoon so hopefully everyone will just go home after and we'll get notes tomorrow. That would be best. I got a book titled Final Cut Pro for Avid Editors which I think I'll start reading today. I'm trying to learn it, but hate FCP sooo much.

Calvin Johnson Did a mixtape recently for TokianFM.com. It's really good and you should download it. Check out the website because David Cross just did a mixtape for them. It's good stuff.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home