Friday, July 21, 2006

Comic-Con Anticipation

Oh man, I feel like a friggin' kid right now. I'm sooo excited for comic-con. I dreamt about the Veronica Mars pannel. That's how geeky I am. Veronica mars!! So now I have this whole dilemma on whether I should got th VM pannel or the Spiderman 3 pannel. They happen to be at the same time... My dreams are telling me something... I should see Kristen Bell in person and then, hang out and then get married. Hmmm. I donno. I'm going to play it by ear. I also dreamt that the He-Man toy that Cory wants me to pick up for him was actually an 18 inch Skeletor doll with an Evil-Lyn statue in his belly. I was dissapointed because it was like $50--which was too pricey for me to pick up an extra one for myself... I may got nuts at Comic-Con this weekend. Last year I only bought one exclusive figure because it was an off year. This year they have some pretty kick ass stuff and I have a ton of disposable income. So, we'll see. Hopefully it won't be sold out of the He-Man stuff. Holy shit. I just looked and Comic-Con cost $30 to go to. Dang that's expensive... Maybe they are trying to deter crowds...

Last night (which was probably the geek catalyst) I went out and saw The Apple at the Aero. Oh my god. Loved every second of it. It was mildly dissapointing that the crowd wasn't so big, but it didn't matter. Mr. Topps makes you forget all your problems. It's such a treat to see it projected.

I'm very excited to break to you (whoever reads this) some awesome news which I will be offically announcing in early August. (Might as well get the buzz flowing now.) As you may be aware I have started up another band and we've been practicing here and there. I like it a lot. We are tenitivly calling ourselves The Monday Moustache Club.

Anyways, I'm proud to introduce "The Monday Moustache Singles Club". What it's going to be, is every month we will be sending out to all our subscribers a limited edition handmade cd with an exclusive A and B track. It's free. We'll send it to you. The tracks will range in quality--it's basically going to be a hodge-podge of whatever we want. 4-track recordings, live songs, remixes, the world is our oyster. And after the first few CDs we will be taking requests and every month will be a theme. I'm giving you the chance to be a part of music history, because no doubt everyone will have loved to be a part of the club right from the begining.

Anyways, here are two samples of what you might be hearing:

A: TMMC - Ford Tough

B: TMMC - Mama Says (live practice recording)

See. It's going to fun.

First month is going to be august or september.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home