Monday, July 10, 2006

Kickball = Kickass!



My glasses offically broke. Remember when I went through that whole ordeal a few months back regarding getting new glasses and now... donzo. Well, I get to get a new pair at half price, so, oh well. Eye surgery, here I come.

Other than that, the weekend was super good. Friday I got to enjoy the luxury of the bussiness suite at the dodgers game with Marhefka. That was a treat. Call me up anytime you have extra tickets. I really like Dodgers stadium, especially from a suite on a perfect evening.

Saturday all I have to say is: Kickball. Hot Damn, it's so great to get Midnight Kickball back in my life. We had a good turn out numbers-wise. You can't call it a co-ed evening because this is the first time in history I think we only had one girl show up. But lets focus on the positives. Kickball = Kickass. Come out next week.

Yesterday we had band practice again and it's really turning out good. I sort of recorded bits of the practice onto the 4-track and it sound like garage-rock. Which is fine. It's fun. We're getting to know the songs pretty well. Well enough to be like, anything else? The jamming is awesome. I'm going to digitize the tape (maybe tonight?) and see. It's extreamly lo-fi, which I kinda like. It's endearing and reminds me of those early chaotic modest mouse shows. Basically it's thrash-rock versions of all the my old songs you know and love. It's a really exciting time.

We have to wait until 2010 until the next world cup in South Africa. Tenitivly I've made a pact with Dave to attend. Once Dave sells his script, we're booking the flight a few years in advance to save on fuel costs. Sound idiotic? You can't judge dreams. Screw you. It was fun. Hopefully the US will take some athletic point-guards from the NBA and convert them into kick ass soccer players by then...

Have I mentioned my dilemma with this girl I met a Cannes? Anyways, my next month and a half is going to be really busy because I just couldn't say no to editing this cute, broken-english, blonde, french girl's USC film. I can't say I'm excited, but you know. What the hell? I'm going to make the most of it. I just don't think I can give the film the proper amount of time it probably needs. I'm not in school anymore. I've got a job you know... but, then again, she's thousands of miles away from home, probably without many friends... BTW, I'm listening to Cibo Matto and the way they speak totally reminds me of this girl.

Oh I should have a second Bozworth Baction review up this week. Everytime I say that, I know it's shooting myself in the foot, but let's say by, Wednesday. New Bation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home