Monday, July 24, 2006



I'm not going to lie to you. I'm feeling pretty great. Everyone's complaining about the goddamn heat, I'm kinda used to it. I must be a meta-human or something who has evolved and my blood tempurature is normal at a 99.9 degrees. My sub-superhuman-ness is not the reason I'm feeling great though, it's two things.

First, and most importantly, I don't have to deal with French Girl anymore! No hassle about editing her movie I never wanted to edit in the first place. She has found a "professional editor" named Sven, who is between gigs and will devote some time to her film... if I'm cool with it. Fuck yeah, I'm more than fine with it. I had to mask my utter excitement as I handed her harddrive back to her knowing that I (hopefully) won't ever see it again. What a wave of relief. I can do whatever I please with my free time after work now. Thank you god. That woman was driving me to be an alcoholic.

Secondly, I had a great time at Comic-con. This was my sixth straigh year and while a number of sad things occured: I only go to go one day, it was fucking hot, which in turn caused less people to dressup and I wore sandels that gave my feet blisters, I lost my sunglasses.... I still had a blast. I have sitting right now in my office a kickass Vincent Price action figure from Edward Scissorhands. It's amazing. I went to the Quinton Tarentino/Robert Rodrigez Grindhouse pannel, which was fun. Even though, I still shroud myself in mystery having never seen Pulp Fiction, Quinton Tarentino is the man I wish I was. He is the epidmy of passion + geekdom. I also envy Robert because he is surround by hot girls now. I need to make films that start hot women. Why?

Well, a little sidenote: let me spread this very true rumor, he's fucking one of the actresses. Or was at least. Story goes like this: Robert said that shooting haulted because of script changes and that's just bullshit. He was having a mental breakdown because his wife flipped out and wanted to divorce him because she found out about him having an affair with one of the young actresses. I know this because DOA, the movie I was working on, was produced also by the Weinstiens and Bob and Harvey were freaking out because they had to halt production on Grindhouse, which in turn, halted start date of Sin City--which is a key money making movie for them next year... they had Angolina Jolie booked and everything. The producer of Dead Or Alive were angry because the weinstiens were completely ignoring thier film and focusing all their attention to the Robert Rodgrigez problem. (Not to say that is wrong, but you should at have someone work on getting a fucking trailer out there, it's being released in 4 weeks.) I know I'm on a little tangent right now, but I just get worried that they are going to botch the first theatrical release of a film I worked on, because it seems they are botching the release of Pulse (staring Kirsten Bell who I have a very open crush on).

I did attend the V.Mars pannel, which was entertaining, it was great to see Ms. Bell in person, but I now kinda regret missing the spiderman 3 pannel, because, jesus, they had the whole cast there! Why do we have to wait until next summer? Just give it too me now! I will say this, everyone on the show, pretty much seemed to be a lot like their character on the show. Dick Cassablancas and the sherriff guy were attention getters and annoying. Logan seemed like less of a dick though. The show creator Rob Thomas looked like steve Guttenburg with maybe a little matthew brodrick mixed in. He seemed really cool. I'd love to work for him some day.

I picked up some comic books at the con and met one of my favorite artists right now Josh Howard which was a treat. It was actually kinda start struck.

So until next year comic con. Adieu.

One last thing, Baction has a new Brian Bosworth movie review up if you feel like checking it out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home