Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Celebersytings

I'm going to mention a few moments from the past two days, because it's fun.

I was at starbucks across the street from the new offices, when a short (and I mean short), miserable-looking Frankie Muniez entered. His complexion looked really bad. I felt sorry for him because he looked like he was in the worst stages of puberty (he's like 18 right?) and I was questioning whether or not it was him, then the lady at the register asked for his name to write on his cup. Sure enough, "Frankie."

I thought it was funny.

Also, I don't know if I have mentioned it before but Robin Williams has been hanging out the past four weeks at the UCB theatre a lot. I bumped into him last week. It's really weird for a number of reasons, because 1) you have to wonder if he's fallen so far over the past few year (RV and all) that he's been reduced to this. I don't think so--but you do have to wonder. More importantly 2) WHO CARES?!?!?! It's Robin Freakin' Williams and he's still funny. He's a super cool, down to earth guy to boot (which is what I'm going to get to in a sec). So what if he was a lot funnier during his coked-up days. It's great and yet awkward for the theatre. It's like a stray that just showed up one day and you kind of have to let it run around and do whatever the heck it wants. It's great for business, you know?

Anyways, there is this free show on monday nights, 11pm, called The Long Improv Jam. In truth, it's a cluster-fuck. It's a improv show, where anyone in the audience can basically get on stage and preform scenes. It's mostly attended by students at the theatre who want to get more experience/stage time. Now it's being (unoffically, offically) co-hosted by Robin Williams. So anyone can get on stage and preform improv with Robin Williams at this small theatre late at night for free. That's awesome! I went last night and it was a lot of fun. I didn't preform, but it was great to watch. I like to think that Robin likes doing improv and it keeps him sharp and he just loves inspiring the youth. Doing it for the kids. I hope that's why and not reason #1 listed above.

Either way it's a great time to be hanging out at the UCB.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home