Thursday, July 06, 2006

I spent all yesterday updating the Baction Section (finally) so I haven't gotten a chance to comment on the long weekend. It was good. It's hot out.

On Saturday I went out with Maileen and we saw Built to Spill at the Troubadour which was amazing. Dug opened with a mellow version of Car then the band came out and rocked my freakin world with "Going against your mind". It was great. Those two songs alone would have made it a wonderful night, but, granted, they played much more and it was fabulous. I tried to get tickets for their "5th and final show" yesterday, but they had sold out and I didn't have the effort to try to obtain them through "other means".

Sunday I spent $50 on comic books. I'm really getting to the Hellblazer and I've been buying Batman & Green Arrow comics. It was an impulsive buy but, hey, I was celebrating freedom in america. I also had improv class, which was okay. The thing is, our class is more than halfway over and our teacher has been absent to every class but the first. It's really frustrating having a different sub everyweek. I wish I could be more positive about the situation, but I can't. Oh! I also went with Marhefka to Asssscat after and that was just weird and awkward, the show that is. We had a great time anyways. We're supposed to go to the Dodgers game tomorrow, which I'm real exicted about!! (Don't get me started on the Mariners who were just swept....)

Monday Monday Monday! We had our first offical band practice and it was so much fun. Brian wants to call this incarnation (3rd times a charm right?) Braditude, which I don't.... but anyways, I had a blast. And it sounded real good. The studio we were in can record practices on CD so we're probably going to do that next time. Some old songs are sound new, and some new songs are fresh. The bass track was booty-licious. I didn't want to stop most time. I just wanted to keep dancing.

Tuesday was a weird day. I ditched Maileen, Annie and Company and picked up Kory and the two of us tried to find a place to watch the world cup game and ended up going back to my place getting trashed on margaritas I made from scratch. It was great. I went to a BBQ later that evening because I didn't feel like driving down to the OC. It was a fabulous 4th, but it was nice.

On to today: My car broke down on the way to work. Yeah apperently it's going to be okay, but at what cost!?!?! I donno, $120 probably. (UPDATE: Just got a call $181...)

I think that's all for now. I'm going to read comics.

1 Comments:

At 10:43 PM, Blogger Patrick said...

3 out of 10!?

Well-played, and thanks muchly.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home