Friday, June 30, 2006

Get Ready for the Weekend!



Yesterday I completed my Editor's Union orientation. I'm so close guys, so close. I just have to pay my dues and I'm in. It's going to be life changing. 600 hours then I get the best health coverage possible. I need to get an accountant. I'm growing up. I got my paychecks yesterday for my first 11 days of work. Awesome. Amazing. I just put the money in the bank. Some of it will go to rent and then I should use the rest for dues or something. But I just want it to sit in there. Hmmmmm. It feels good.

I've been real scatter-brained lately. I hope I'm not going crazy during such a great time in my life. I forgot my wallet at home, then my bag at a friends house then left my ipod playing all night and my computer not charging. What happened? Why? I lost some keys. Aaaaahhhh.

I had a meeting regarding a project, code-named Community Girl. I'm excited about it, but I'm also reluctant, because there are two ways to go about doing things and I can't help but try to go about the super professional route. That way is real stressful and sort of goes against the spirit of the project, but if I truely want the project to be the best it can be it'd doing it an injustice to go about it any other way... Also, I feel like I have more technical knowledge and skill than my partners, which is just more stress for me, one, so I don't come off like an all knowing ass and two, it's rough needing to explain why things should be done a certain way. It's supposed to be fun. Fun dammit. It's just going to take time.

Works been too boring lately. I think that could be the reason my brain has turned to mush. We should get a kick ass 4 & 1/2 day weekend for the 4th. I have no real plans other than to go to the spagetti factory and built to spill with Maileen. Sunday I have class, but I wonder if we are going to have Ultimate Frisbee. I just want to relax.

I had a good omlette today. It was damn good. I went to Barney and watched the first half of the Argentina / Germany WC game. I wish I could have stayed to watch the rest.

I'm listening to the Ukraine / Italy game right now and... See you later Ukraine.

I got Cemetery Man and Beyond the Valley of the Dolls on DVD yesterday. I'll try to watch them this weekend.

Anything else? Oh, I won at poker last night. Three weeks in a row and counting.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home