Monday, April 24, 2006



The weekend flew by. It was fun and busy. I picked up all the filmmaker stuff from the Newport Film Fest and have to (sigh) drive in rush hour traffic this evening and down to the fest. It will be fun though. It always is. I just hope that Timothy is as good as I remember it.

I went and saw 3 shows at the UCB this weekend and for the first time actually saw the members of the Upright Citizens Brigade preform and it was pretty sweet. Very inspirational. While on the subject, I had class saturday and it was very not good. The energy wasn't there and collectivily we were sucking as a group. So, there you go.

I finally got Stone Cold starring Brian Bosworth on dvd. Review forthcoming this week. I was quite happy that Amy Pohler and Matt Besser went on and on about "The Boz" at one of the shows. Is there anything better than The Boz? No.

I haven't heard anything about the dramatic life-changing event which I mentioned on friday, I guess there's not use in keeping you in suspense, but anyways, there's a damn good chance, I'm going to the Canne's Film Festival in France next month. It was an offer through Chapman, I made the arrangements (aka almost quit my job) and then "apperently" it needs to be approved by someone before I can go. So we'll see. I would be freakin' awesome because I need to get the heck out of here. The school would pick up most of the expenses if I fly over there. Since I haven't heard anything in 3 days I'm getting kind of antsy... We'll see, we'll see.

I got the original star wars trillogy on bootleg DVD. The quality is very good, it's from the laserdisc. I watch half of the first of the first one and it feels awesome. I'm in the "screw the special addition" catigory. I want the original versions on dvd. Now I have them...

Quasi's playing this wednesday. Cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home