Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The Hump.



I failed to wake up early this morning. I was fully rested at 5:50 and looked at my alarm that was about to go off and thought "I don't want to." And that's all I needed. So that means I need to go tomorrow...

The week is almost halfway over. I've got to tell you work just fries my brain. It's cool, because if I want to walk up the street at 3pm and see the Belle and Sebatian instore that most people don't normally get to see--because they're working!!!--I can, because my responsibilities are zip right now. But it's hard to get excited about the weekend and what not. I donno. I'm feel good but not great you know? Just drifting through this wednesday.

Speaking of things to look forward to. I was so close to going to vegas easter weekend, but plans fell through. It's probably a good idea because it was getting kind of pricey. I might go in may. Again, I donno. I want to go, but it won't kill me one way or another.

Last night, I recorded a bunch of fuzz which may or may not be considered a song, but I had fun doing it. It's happy fuzz music. This inspiration has me actually writing a new song, or whatever. I'm pretty stoked about it. If all goes as planned, I'll record some form of it tonight just so that I won't forget it.

I'm gearing up to do a crazy CD burning thing today because I owe Jon Dick a bunch of stuff. So that should occupy most my 'freetime' at work today.

I also feel that I should mention that when I officially changed license plates yesterday afternoon, it got kind of emotional. There's no turning back. I'm californian. My life didn't really change yesterday, I just got rid the one thing connecting me with home and it hit, you know? And... [Deep breath] Well, here we go: The next stage of my life.

I'm debating on whether to go to the opening movie of the Silverlake Film Festival tomorrow night. I have an old boss that's going to be there and I really want to see the movie Edmond directed by Stuart (the re-animator) Gordan who will also be there in person. The catch is that it's $25--granted to a good cause--but it's still $25. I can't think of any good reasons not to, so I'll probably go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home