Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Midweek Morning


So this morning I woke up ran five miles, came into work and had myself such a wonderful toasted bagel from Groundworks up the street. Now I am in such a good mood because I am listening to one of my fondest memories (regarding MM that is): a Modest Mouse show from 1-16-98 RCKNDY. I believe it was the second time ever I saw them. Someone tipped me off to a Modest Mouse live show haven to which I finally--FINALLY found this show!! I've been looking for it since I got word of it's exsistance years ago. Even more exciting is I've already downloaded a bunch of 96-98 shows and there are plenty more to pick at. These are the golden years. Oh man. How I loved them....

Other news... It's been pretty quiet. Neko Case is playing Ameoba records (which is next door) tonight. It will be pretty packed because she's not playing a show later on. I'll probably mosey on up there around 6:30 and try to spend as little money as possible.

Last night was writing meeting and it was, and is, excatly what writing meeting should be. It was me going--regardless of what Briana is doing--actually writing--and if she comes, great, if not, no worries. Needless to say, I got some good progress on Heart Attack.

[The fiddle player is on fire during doing the cockroach. And if I recall, the girl who's singing back up is Issac's girlfriend at the time. She's not very good.]

Can I say how annoying it was to be woken up by helicopers circling our block last night? The thundering of the propellers went on for a while and then when I came to my senses, that annoyance changed to fear because the police were shouting into a mega phone "come out peacefully, you're surrounded". Jesus, it was a hard situation. You sure as heck can't sleep with a helicopter hover over your house....

Anyways, I'm going and hopefully will have bundles of life to report tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home