Wednesday, December 06, 2006

I got some new posters in the mail and decided to hang this one up:

It's a double-feature poster and I love it because it says "his and her horror" at the top. The movies are Daughters of Satan & Superbeast. I'm sure they're terrible. I got another one that say "orgy of violence" at the top because poster is for two violent dramas, but it's more for when I'm in a b-noir mood. As soon as I get another frame I can hang up my A Boy and His Dog poster which has been sitting on the shelf.

closer looks:



So I was reading a lot from the archive of My Life As A Loser a blog (now a published book) from Will Leitch the editor over at deadspin.com yesterday and between that and Dunwatt's newish, more self loathing-ish blog. I felt like a genuine loser. That's right. I felt like--these guys have it easy. I totally suck more than them. My competitive nature kicked in, it's naturally selective only to things I have a chance on winning, and the rest of the day I just was pitying myself. I went to a rock show, drunk, as well as alone. I ran into a friend who was with a girl and then almost instantly he was like I'll be right back and then disappeared and then the show ended and I saw him talking with other girl in the back corner. A down and drunk me, who had done nothing but read about self-loathing all day, instantly determined that he was obviously trying to avoid me and my __(any number of said characteristics a pathetic person has)__.

I came my senses this morning. I have and will continue to have a drinking problem because I like it. I can turn my brain off and feel alright. I really don't need to start inebriated studying of my neurotic tendencies and how much I suck then turn that into how much better I'd be if I could wittily put my depressing nature down on paper where at least people would be able to giggle at it/me. Sorry. I'll leave that to you guys. I'm starting to think to much and I really don't like writing. I'm not really taking a stab at anyone right now, I'm just saying that as much as you folks inspire me, I'll fight my depression instead of giving in. That may change at some point. Who know....

Anyways, Tralala was pretty good. And Safari Sam's the new club that opened down the street aways is awesome. They also have Angel City Ale on draft which I totally recommend.

I had more stuff I was going to write about but I forgot. My mind is kind of fried from playing Wii Bowling most the day...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home