Tuesday, August 15, 2006

So I'm back. Hey guys.

Camp Columbia up at Cispus was amazing. It really means a lot to me to go up there even if for a short while. I forgot how empowering it is and how great the kids are. I (almost) got real choked up at the closing ceremony. This was my 9th year out of 10 going and participating in Washington Leadership camp. It was a ton of work and there was not much sleep but I loved every minute of it. I could go on and on on the details, but I think I'll keep them to myself for now. Just know, that I am a better, more inspired person because of it.

Back home, I got to hang out with Pat and Cory and the gang to see The Catch. It was great, it was like a very small, private-ish show. And the singer was dedicating songs to Cory like no tomorrow and I probably drank way to much (it's that damn mead!) Thanks guys for the good times.

I also went and saw a Mariners game. It was great. We had wonderful seats. On that note, I can't watch/listen to the Mariners anymore. It's just too painful. The past few seasons when we sucked, but I could root and cheer for them because they were the big underdogs. Now, they have potential and could've even made a decent run for the playoffs but they are throwing it all away, and it hurts. 13 straight losses to Oakland. I feel sick thinking about it...

Alright, on with the new. I really like the new Mates of State album. I haven't heard them for years, but I remember being disapointed with their second album because it sounded excatly like the first. Well, their cover art is scary, but they seem to have branched out and it's not perfect, but I like where it's going.

I'm going to be focusing on two things--scratch that--three things in the comming months.

First: Monday Moustache Singles Club. I am totally on board with recording the new music and distributing a monthy CD. Irv and I are getting our schedule together and should lay down the first two tracks in the coming weeks.

Second: My First Feature Script. I have some DVDs I wanna watch and take notes on and then I want to outline the damn thing and then write it. My goal is to have a rough draft by the end of the year. Oh man. I need to. I really love the idea.

Third: Contiue with Improv. I changed it to three, because I should keep this in the forefront. But yeah, I don't see me quitting anytime soon. My next level of classes starts on saturday. Whoo-hoo.

Have you guys been watching the new Venture Brothers?!?! It's really great. I hope that it's getting good ratings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home