Friday, August 18, 2006

Last night we got rocked in our IO West Improv Cagematch. Boy, did we suck. It's probably a great thing that you guys didn't see it. It was probably painful. Oh well. Life goes on. We start class on saturday and I'm looking forward to that. I'm happy. Improv is great, even if we did choke. It happens to everyone once and a while.

Tonight: Snakes on a Plane. If you're going to see, it has to be this weekend. The audience is bound to be full of fun people looking for a good time. Mann Grauman's Chinese theatre, 10:20pm. I'm buying tickets in a few hours. As the 17 year old Brendan Griffin put's it, "It's 'Anaconda' with 'Con Air.' With Sam Jackson."

I'm proud to announce a Boy's Night Out Slumber Party this Labor Day weekend, Sept 2nd. I'm programming a night of so-bad-they're-good-movies. We did it about 4 month ago (yikes!-was it that long ago?) and it was a blast. Now I'm pressured--in a good way--to come up with a perfect lineup, complete with games and trailers and educational films, ect. That's going to be in the forefront of my thoughts for the next few weeks. I know a few of the things that are going to be shown, but honestly, I have piles and piles of movies I need to watch and judge to see if they are good enough to make my A-list of Bad Movies. (The Uninvited will definatly be shown, that's for sure.)

I'm listening to The Pipettes album and it's pretty good. Irv doesn't like it, but I enjoy the throwback to 50's girlbands. It's not original or anything, but it's nice. I recomend it, it just might put a smile on your face after you were trampled on stage in a competition the night before.

The Monday Mustache Club is practicing twice this week, saturday morning and again tuesday night, before we start our hard work on our first single for the single club (sept release, I think). I worry that Irv and Chris are taking the SC too seriously. I don't expect the utmost quality and professionalism for the songs we release for it--especially the first one for god's sake--but they do. We'll have to freakin' see. The songs are picked out, but if we balk on recording it, it might just end up, me with a guitar trying to cover Neko Case on a 4-track. Only time will tell. I have a feeling next weekend we need to attempt to record the damn thing.

Snakes on a Plane, man, Snakes on a freakin' Plane!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home