Monday, August 21, 2006

America Needs A New Pastime



Jamie Moyer was traded from the Mariners.

Baseball is dead. I could go on and on about how much I truly loved and admired Jamie and that I once loved a sport known as baseball. I mean, he just celebrated 10 years with the M's and is--I mean was--the embodiment of the team (sorry Ichro--I mean RIP to all you brave souls). I was listening to the radio when I heard the news and was so close to tears I had to pull over my car. I felt like my wife had just told me that she had slept with 13 of my best friends and wanted to divorce me because she's going to marry my little brother because he's much better in the sack than me. At first I was in shock. Then deeply hurt and helpless. Talk about kicking a team and their fans when they are down.

And on another note, Snakes on a Plane is considered a box office disappointment. I say fuck it. I had the best time in years seeing the film and if American's are dumb enough not to realize that they should haven't seen it this past weekend, they not only need a new pastime, they need to get their head checked.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home